Every business needs loans every now and then to scale, manage expenses, and several other reasons. And if you have bad personal credit, then acquiring a small business loan can be challenging. While some lenders specialize in offering small business loans bad credit. There are specific types of loans that are perfect for business owners with bad personal credit, although these loans come with a higher level of interest rate. Fortunately, to get small business loans bad credit, there are some simple steps that you need to follow to improve your odds of getting a loan.
Steps to Get Small Business Loans With Bad Credit
1. Figure Out Why You Need Financing
Before you go out in the market to get a business loan, take time to understand why you actually need financing. Most lenders ask you the reason for getting a loan before they approve your application, the also financial institutions also want to see how the loan will be utilized and impact your business’s ability to earn. Borrowers that have bad credit and bad credit history will especially be under scrutiny. To understand your need for a loan, consider these points:
- Will the funds increase the efficiency of the business, or increase the revenue directly or indirectly?
- Can you support your business or future goals without seeking finance?
- Is it possible for you to raise funds without incurring interest?
Small businesses loans bad credit can be used for several reasons, but it’s not always a good idea to get stuck in a loan. If you’re a small business and you’ve been struggling to find cash, then getting a loan may not be the best idea. If you don’t know why your business needs the loan and how it can improve your business, you won’t be able to get a loan.
2. Check Your Eligibility
Bad personal credit is your enemy when you want to get a loan. But do keep in mind that it isn’t the only factor lenders consider before approving your loan. There are endless factors a FI considers while going through a loan application. Here are some things that you should consider yourself before applying for a loan:
- Personal Credit Score: Banks and lenders usually look at the prospective borrower’s personal credit score to verify the risk factor of the loan application. Those who are applying for the loan should at least have a credit score of 530, but the higher score you have better it will be for you.
- Business Credit Score: If your business is old enough to have a credit history, then you should check the credit score of your business before applying for small business loans bad credit.
- Annual Revenue: A business’ annual revenue is a huge factor that lenders consider before approving a loan. Startups that have no revenue may benefit from showing their future projections.
- Cash Flow: Another thing that you need to keep in mind before applying for a loan is the cash flow of your business. Similar to revenue, this number can demonstrate if the business has the money to cover the loan repayments. Most of the time, lenders use this cash flow data to figure out the risk factor of the business.
- Loan Purpose: Some lenders limit how borrowers can use the business loan, and some loan purposes are more suitable for lenders compared to others.
3. Compare Business Lending Options
Let’s say everything is ideal then you can get the best small business loans from banks, credit unions, and online lenders. However, if you have bad personal credit, your options for loans drop drastically. So getting a small business loan with bad credit may require you to choose a lender that doesn’t have strict rules and regulations.
The most competitive interest rates are offered to only the more creditworthy applicants. However, to get the best possible loans, you need to compare lenders in terms of available loan amounts, loan terms, annual percentage rates, and additional fees. Some lenders have a simple and easy application process compared to their competitors.
4. Collect Required Documents
Lenders require applicants to provide a series of documents to verify their ID, business details, and how well a business can actually repay the debts. For business loans, most lenders require you to provide personal and business tax returns for the past 2 years. Businesses that are applying for invoicing factoring may need to provide accounts receivable and accounts payable reports.
Many lenders want a business plan that clearly outlines how the loan will be used and how the business will repay the money. While you collect the required documents, you should include revenue projections.
5. Submit Your Application
After you collect all the necessary documents to apply for small business loans bad credit, you need to complete the lender’s formal application process. The application process is unique for every lender, and today, most lenders allow borrowers to apply online. Let’s say you’ve already decided on a particular lender, then you need to visit their website and read their guidelines about the loan application process.
Types of Small Business Loans Bad Credit
Getting a business loan with bad credit is hard for most businesses, but there are multiple financing options that you need to keep in mind. Here are some of the basic types of small business loans bad credit:
- Term Loans: A term loan is the most traditional type of financing that businesses receive as a lump sum payment and has to repay the amount over a fixed time. Term loans usually have a time range between 3 months to 10 years.
- Business Credit Cards: Business credit cards aren’t the best way to borrow money. If you’re seeking a small business loans bad credit, then you have limited options. The interest rates on business credit cards can go up to 25%, but interest is only on the amount that carries month over month. Getting a business credit card is easier than applying for a traditional loan, which is good if you have bad credit.
- Secured Loans: Secured loans are a type of loan where the borrower will have to put gold or property as collateral to get a loan. In this case of an existing company taking a loan, they agree that non-repayment will allow banks to assume the assets. Individuals and companies that have bad credit may be able to get this type of loan with ease.
- Web-Based Lenders: If you have a bad credit history, then you may be able to get loans from web-based lenders. Web-based lenders are often targeting individuals with a bad credit rating and who need urgent funds for their business.
Tips to Get Small Business Loans Bad Credit
A low credit score can make it tough to acquire a loan for your business, but there are some lenders out there that do offer a loan. Follow these tips to get small business loans with bad credit:
- Build a comprehensive business plan that outlines how the money will be used and how the business will repay the loan amount.
- Find a co-signer for the loan with a high credit score compared to the business owner or other applicants.
- Try to improve your credit score before applying for a small business loans bad credit.
Companies That Can Help In Improving Credit
|Credit Repair Company||Features|
|Credit Saint||All-round best credit repaid company free credit evaluation for every customer90-day money-back guarantee|
|Experian||Toll-free customer support 24/7 1/3 major credit bureaus|
|Oviation Credit||Value for money free consultation service|
|The Credit People||Cheapest credit repair services free consultationGuarantee of satisfaction|
|Pyramid Credit Repair||Brilliant customer service free credit repair strategy10+ years of assistance|
|PaisaBazaar||24/7 chat customer support free credit report and evaluation dedicated resource to help you repair credit|